Atlantic Health Care Services provides nurse practitioners to skilled nursing, long term care and assisted living facilities throughout Virginia. Our multi-specialty clinicians help manage patients’ medical needs and provide quality care and outcomes to those we serve. They listen, counsel and guide patients to make informed choices. They educate and advocate for families and they work seamlessly with the medical team, ensuring continuity of care. Nurse practitioners focus on comprehensive, personalized care.
Our nurse practitioners provide day-to-day clinical coverage for a facility’s residents in close collaboration with the attending physician. Nurse practitioners enhance and extend the services of physicians. They are specially trained and licensed to diagnose and treat chronic and acute conditions. On-site nurse practitioners can visit patients more frequently, monitor status and changes more closely and make timely clinical interventions, reducing unplanned rehospitalizations.
Atlantic Healthcare Services nurse practitioners are licensed as either Certified Nurse Practitioners or Clinical Nurse Specialists. Both licensures require master-level degrees and advanced clinical training. They are nationally certified in their areas of specialty and practice.
Our nurse practitioners provide preventive and primary care in collaboration with a resident’s attending physician. They are able to:
- Diagnose, treat and monitor many medical conditions
- Assess, monitor, and respond to the patient’s status and changes in condition
- Order and interpret results from diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications and treatments
Nurse practitioners emphasize resident-centered care that is personalized and comprehensive. Their holistic approach enhances the patient’s experience and extends the physician’s ability to provide continuous quality care on an ongoing basis. Nurse practitioners collaborate with physicians and the interdisciplinary team to:
- Help ensure that the plan of care is implemented and the physician’s protocols are followed
- Serve as a clinical liaison between the physician, patient and interdisciplinary team
- Educate and counsel patients, families and staff
- Work to prevent/reduce the frequency of hospital readmissions in coordination with the facility and attending physicians
- Assist facility in properly documenting patients’ care and service needs
On-site nurse practitioners can visit residents more frequently, monitor status changes more closely and make timely clinical interventions, reducing unplanned hospital readmissions. The on-site nurse practitioner model also allows patients and staff to get to know their clinician on a personal basis, which helps facilitate better communication. As a result, organizations with nurse practitioners tend to see increased patient satisfaction and more optimized patient outcomes.
For more information about our services, please call (833) 806-0828
For billing questions, please call (833) 806-0828